Quality assurance and control are critical in any construction job. At Blalock Companies, we take great pride in our process control programs and are committed to providing the highest level of quality assurance for every project.
For our asphalt and concrete plants, quality control means getting the mix right every time. Our concrete and asphalt labs are not just for checking cylinders and cores; instead, our technicians are designing new products and constantly optimizing existing mixes for peak performance.
Most recently, our commitment to quality control in our ready mix division has led to the construction of our newest concrete plant in Pigeon Forge. This facility is completely enclosed to ensure top quality in any weather conditions. It is also equipped with highly automated systems for batching and moisture control as well as a climate-controlled lab.
For our excavating crews, this commitment to quality means considerable on-the-job training, supervision by highly-skilled foremen, and state-of-the-art technology for mapping and monitoring grading. Our engineering department creates 3-D models of our excavation projects to visualize cut and fill areas. This is then used in conjunction with Trimble GPS technology on our equipment to ensure precise grading.
Our quality control program also includes:
• National Precast Concrete Association certified quality control plan for precast
• Redi-Rock certified quality control plan for retaining wall block
• Over 30 American Concrete Institute certified concrete field technicians
• 10 National Ready Mix Concrete Association certified concrete plant operators
• 10 Tennessee Department of Transportation certified level 2 & 3 concrete technicians
• 4 TDOT certified asphalt mix design and plant technicians
• 5 TDOT certified asphalt plants
• 5 TDOT certified concrete plants
• TDOT approved process control plans for asphalt and concrete production and placement
• Integrated Trimble GPS satellite grading and logistics systems